What is a Clutter Manager? Why hire one? What are the benefits?
A Clutter Manager is just that - someone to help you manage your clutter. l'm a non-judgemental unbiased 3rd-party to guide you through the process of letting go of your excess stuff. I can help find appropriate professional resources, help inventory, arrange for pick-up of items you wish to donate, and physical assistance as well as verbal instruction. We help discuss organizing principles to tailor them to your learning style and abilities to give you back your time and space.
Which areas do you service? Are there any limitations?
- My hourly services area includes Oro Valley, Marana, Dove Mountain, Catalina, Saddlebrooke, Oracle, and San Manuel. I work in any room or area in your home or office, including attics and garages. However, working areas must be air-conditioned, not swamp-cooled, in the summer (May – September). There must be electricity available somewhere on the property.
- My packages, workshops, and presentations service area is Greater Tucson.
- My products can be shipped anywhere in the US. And of course the digital products are available anywhere you have internet access.
Will you work with me or just coach me? Will I have to do things when you aren’t there?
That choice is totally up to you. If you don’t want to touch a thing, you don’t have to. But, if you (or anyone else) want to help, feel free! It’ll get the job done quicker and save you money. I may assign “homework.” It isn’t required but it does save you money, and gives you a greater sense of progress! If you don’t do it, you will not “get in trouble.” It’s simply job security for me :) Once we establish trust and what is desired, I can even work while you aren’t there.
What are the scheduling rules? Will you be flexible & work around my schedule?
I will work with you and your schedule, within reason. My basic schedule can be found on the Contact page. A $100 fee will be added to your bill for any same-day changes or cancellations. Too many reschedules or cancellations will void the contract. Appointments are a minimum of 4-hours (we can work less, but you will be changed 4 hours). I do not work weekends (still may communicate however), nor holidays.
Will my sessions be confidential?
Of course! All meetings, conversations, and questions are between you and I, and no one else.
What are your rates? What forms of payment are accepted? When is payment due?
That depends on the service. Please see Services for specific details. But generally:
- For hourly services, I charge hourly plus any items/cost to perform those services. I require payment at the end of each working session.
- For any packages or workshops, I require payment upfront (either before or start of day one).
I prefer cash or check but will accept major credit cards for a slight fee for services.
What is your refund policy?
For hourly services, I do not give refunds - I've already done the work. If you are unhappy, I will do my best within reason to make things right.
For workshops, presentations, and packages, there are no refunds after the event or work. But I will consider refunds for prepayments on a case-by-case basis.
For products, refunds are usually accepted, but is determined on a case-by-case basis. You may have to pay return shipping.
Why do you charge for some "extras" that others don't?
It’s rather complicated, but I can break it down into 2 big categories
I have a firm belief that you should only pay for what you use. It’s not fair to make someone pay $90/hr for just organizing, when others get organizing, donation drop off, 3rd-party scheduling, and shopping for the same price. This also allows me to better tailor the service to you and your needs.
I'm not a mover or hauler. Doing those things causes extra wear and tear on my vehicle, which increases my insurance and basic business costs. And takes up time I could be with another client, so I charge for my time to do those things.